Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tomatoes - Again....



This is the "before" picture. I decided that I would try and make my own pasta sauce. So after checking numerous blogs I decided on the easiest method (of course) and just roasted the tomatoes, garlic, herbs and olive oil (ask me who forgot the salt!) for three hours on very low, 110 degrees and then put them in the food processor to sauce up. No peeling skins, it all went in together. It looks okay and despite no salt it has lots of flavour but I will add salt when I use it I think. Now If I can work out how to upload the finished product photo I will.
Well the photo's come up but not in the place that I wanted so I guess that I still have a lot to learn about blogging editing!
I'm amazed that I've actually done anything today as the dreaded cold has come upon me. M went to the local regatta last weekend and on Thursday started sneezing etc. so it was probably already too late for me to take precautions but I did try.
This morning when I woke up I thought somebody had cut my throat! It was so sore. And why is it that when you start a cold it's always only in one nostril? One side of my nose is leaking and the other side is fine - today. So, with the lamb roast that is in the oven there is also about 10 cloves of garlic and the whiskey might get a hit tonight too. Purely medicinal of course.
Yours sniffingly,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment