Sunday, April 11, 2010

Common Cold - miserable.

Today is the second day and I think it's always the most miserable. The nose is blocked (on one side) and then it isn't and I have to run for the tissues again. I always use tissues for colds as I can throw them on the fire.
Dinner tonight could be quite unadventurous. I've dug a bag of soup bones out of the freezer, cooked the garlic, onions, celery and carrots prior to adding to the soup, taken the meat off the bones and put it back into he pot and added a handful of herbs, sage, thyme, parsley and a bay leaf. Some peas, potatoes and silver beet and that's it. I'm hoping that the soup flavours all have time to develop before we sit down to eat tonight.
Normally I would make a nice lemon and zucchini bread to go with it, but to be honest all I want to do is sit down and read my library book and drink another cup of blackcurrant tea. There are cold and flu tablets in the house but I tend to think that they just delay the healing. If I was going out to work I'd probably take them but there's only the dog here to hear me sniff!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment