Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Here we go Again!

p1010002

Yes, it’s that time of year when the powers that be start the burning of the debris that has been left after clear felling. Once again, carpenters and artisans who use beautiful timber have not had access prior to the high intensity burning.

I hate to complain, after witnessing the total destruction of some of Japan and its people, but I really would appreciate the forest industry moving into the 21st century.

On that note I have to leave it. I can only think of Japan and its people at this time.

Jan

3 comments:

  1. Hear, Hear!!! We are fighting the Gunns Pulp Mill up this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you. We've travelled up to Launceston for a couple of marches and even M's parents joined us. That was amazing in itself as they have never taken action before as being German immigrants (they've been here since the 1950's)they were always worried that they might be deported. They are both in their eighties too. I think the action up there might heat up soon. Good luck.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous to hear of M's parents involvement in the anti pulp mill fight. There are more and more older people involved. Look at Peter Cundall, he's 83 and prepared to be arrested. I thought the fight was fierce earlier but I know it will really hot up now!

    ReplyDelete