Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I need some advice

On apple cucumbers.

I did a bit of research on the net before and thought that I had better pick some of the cucumbers climbing up the twine in the grow house as it said that they should be the size of a lemon, and yellow.

Well, mine aren’t yellow and when sliced open were full of seeds, which tasted fine like cucumber but the skin and flesh were so bitter, eeugh.

So then I went and picked a few more smaller ones and they were the same. So have I picked them too early because if I peel the bitterness away it doesn’t leave a lot of cucumber to enjoy?

cucumbers

The cucumbers in the bowl with the lemon are half the size of the first one that I picked.

Help please, on the net it said that they would be bitter and full of seeds if left for too long so I really don’t know what to do!

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment