Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time to organise – myself!

cast iron sourdough Taken out of the oven at 9am this morning before I went off to work. M was given strict instructions not to touch – again. But when I came home at 3pm, absolutely starving (missed lunch), this is what I found":-

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So I cut myself some too! This one was baked in the small,  3 quart cast iron pot and M has decided that it’s just the right size for me to bake for us three times a week! That is going to take some organising until sourdough baking becomes second nature. Can you see my wonderful slicing?

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         It’s not as holey as the last one that I made freeform, but then every one that I have made seems to come out different. I’m kind of following a couple of recipes and the dough does seem incredibly sticky – I almost end up wearing “rye dough gloves” and I often wonder about how much I seem to waste as it’s stuck to my hands (and my watch – and my sleeves – even in my hair, don’t ask!).

So, the next task is organisational training. This could be a major obstacle as I have a first class honours degree in procrastination ……..

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Your bread looks fabulous. It looks so tasty. Sorry I can't help you in the organisational skills as I need help in that area also.

    ReplyDelete